Before & After School
Arrival & Dismissal
Breakfast will be served from 7:20 a.m. to 7:50 a.m. Classroom instruction begins promptly at 8:00 a.m. Our scholars will be considered tardy if they arrive after 8:00 a.m. The school day will end at 3:30 p.m. All students are to enter the building at the Rosehill corridor until 9:00 a.m. For your convenience scholars may be dropped off at the Rosehill Drop-off point. This area is designated as a drop-off area. Parents are expected to proceed immediately after their children have exited their vehicle. You also have the option of entering the parking lot from the Shaker Blvd. entrance and parking your vehicle along the fence facing Shaker Blvd., should you choose to escort your scholars into the building. Students who arrive after 9:00 a.m. must report to the Shaker Blvd corridor. In the event that it is necessary to deliver your child after 9:00 a.m., please pull into the parking lot and park along the Shaker Blvd. fence or proceed to the exit, as not to impede the flow of traffic. Teachers will dismiss classes at the Rosehill entrance which will then be a designated pick-up area. Parents are expected to pull up to the entrance, collect their students and proceed to Shaker Blvd. Please do not block the driveways of residents, as this is a violation of city ordinance. Dismissal will be conducted from 3:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. Once our scholars have returned to the building parents must park their vehicles and come in to collect them via the Rosehill Ave. entrance. At no time will any of our scholars remain outdoors unsupervised under any circumstances. Teachers will escort any scholars who remain after dismissal to the cafeteria and remain with the students until 4:00 p.m. at this time students will be considered participants in late pick-up. Parents are strongly encouraged to phone the office in advance if they are unable to come for their child(ren) during the school’s regularly scheduled dismissal. It is important for you to contact us if you have asked a family member/friend whom we are not familiar with to collect your scholar(s) from school.
At times the weather conditions are too hazardous for us to conduct our typical procedures. During inclement weather, e.g. thunderstorms, snowstorms, and extremely frigid temperatures scholars will remain indoors for dismissal. Everyone must come inside to collect their children. All students will assemble in the Four Seasons room (recreation area).
School Traffic Safety
Arrival and dismissal are very hectic times of the day. In order to ensure safety for everyone, several guidelines should be adhered to:
- Due to the heavy traffic on Shaker Blvd. during arrival and dismissal, Rosehill Avenue is our designated pick-up/drop-off area.
- Rosehill becomes a one-way street during arrival (7:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.) and dismissal (3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.). Vehicles are to travel east bound on Rosehill from East 103rd, proceed around the bend and turn right onto Shaker Blvd.
- Please do not park in the driveways of the Rosehill residents or use their driveways as a place to turn around.
- Parents who wish to use the school parking lot are to enter the parking lot from the Shaker Blvd. entrance and exit at East 103rd This is ONE WAY flow of traffic.
- Parking along the side of the cottages is prohibited. Ample parking spaces will be provided to visitors along the fence adjacent to Shaker Blvd. If you need to exit your vehicle for any reason, please park in the spaces provided.
- The flow of traffic should not be obstructed in any way. Be considerate of others who need to enter the parking lot to drop off their little ones. CASSA staff will be available to ensure that your children enter and exit the building safely.
- Parents who would like to speak with teachers are encouraged to schedule appointments during enrichment courses. Should you need to speak briefly with a teacher during arrival or dismissal, please park your vehicle in the designated areas (school parking lot) to do so. Teachers are expected to ensure the safety of all scholars during this time and must give their undivided attention to the students.
We realize that unforeseen circumstances occasionally occur which may impact your ability to collect your scholar on time. Parents with scholars who remain at school after late dismissal will be charged a late pick-up fee. There will be a fifteen minute “grace period” to collect students after they have been dismissed. The following late pick-up fee will apply:
4:00 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. – $5.00
4:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. – $10.00
Should your child remain on the premises beyond 4:00 p.m. and we have not made contact, every effort will be made to communicate with someone on your emergency contact list. We will use your emergency contacts to aid us in having your little angel collected.